Skip to main content

american invasion

They have arrived. LAST TUESDAY just touched down in Dublin this morning. This band from Pennsylvania was invited to play at our (Church of Ireland Youth Department) all Republic of Ireland youth weekend called Anois. The band then built a European tour on the back of our invitation. You can check out their tour schedule here. They fly to Germany early tomorrow for their first show. This is my first re-entry into concert promotion since I was the Concert Coordinator for Taylor University back in '96-'97! All of the promotion is being done under the Dreamers of the Day banner. It's an area I had been wanting to develop within Dreamers for some time. This all feels good. God is good!. After the boys play Germany they'll come back to us for Anois on Saturday before playing three more shows in Ireland (N & S). After that they have some dates in England and Scotland. I was able to coordinate the Irish dates for them. LAST TUESDAY have a melodic punk-rawk sound that is very infectious. One of their music videos - 'Have You Seen Me' - is on rotation at TVU LIVE. An interesting bit of info to note is that Matthew Thiessen (lead singer of Relient K) and Joe Marlett (Blink 182 / Foo Fighters) co-produced their latest album Resolve. I'm looking forward to spending some time with the guys and hearing them rock out a couple of dates in Ireland. There is a map of the places they're playing above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Away we go!

Well, we're away for some very needed time with family and friends in America. Not sure how much I'll be posting in the days ahead. I plan on being more intentional in spending quality time with my family . God's riches blessings on you all! Labels: America , holidays , vacation

Travels across the Emerald Isle

Hello to anyone who may be reading this! I thought it might be 'schwing' to put Ireland up on the blog show you where my travels take me. Here's the key: Green house - where we currently live in N. Ireland / Red house - where we hope to move to in Co. Tipperary in January '06 / Yellow asterix - places I'll be making stops for work or play / Red line - my route on the way (note: houses not shown to scale). This weekend (in fact, in 30 minutes!) I'm heading to the town of Portlaoise in Co. Laois ( 1st asterix ) for a get-together with the area Youth Council tonight. Tomorrow morning CIYD is hosting a training session for all those who wish to attend Anois as a youth leader. Later tomorrow night I'll be delivering a training session in Fermoy, Co. Cork ( 2nd asterix) for a group of leaders who are planning on running the Quest course to reach teens in the diocese. I'll leave the Cork area on Sunday morning and make my way home to my

A Friend to Artists

For the last two years I have had the privilege of getting to know a man called Michael Guido. 'Guido' as he's better known, has been a friend to those in the Arts & Entertainment industry for over 20+ years. He's a pastor of sorts and a spiritual companion. Guido is a pioneer in the 'road pastor' tradition - supporting groups like Jars of Clay , dc Talk , POD , Michael W. Smith , Switchfoot and others. He, his wife Celeste and indeed his entire family have given so much for the calling on their lives to support, challenge and encourage artists and their families in their relationship with Christ. Please pray for the Guidos if you're the praying type. Pray for protection, financial support, joy and an overriding sense of God's clear calling on their ministry - PR Ministries . The PR stands for 'Persuing Relationships'. Every time we speak, Guido challenges me with his intense love for God and his knowledge of the Scriptures. H