Thursday, February 18, 2010

Leaving These Shores




Well friends, it's been some time since I posted anything personal here on ye' auld blog. There will be a lot C-H-A-N-G-E in the Tucker household in 2010. The adventure continues . . .

After eleven years in this island on the edge of the world - we are moving to America. Yes, it HAS been that long. I can hardly believe it either! Of course it will be a return for Christy and I, but for our three precious children it will be a first. They are born and bred 'Irish' and we'd have it no other way(our eldest says N. Irish!). It has been a privilege raising them in their early years in this wonderful part of the world, but now they'll have greater access to their family in the US of A.

On February 3rd, 2010 I handed in my resignation to the Church of Ireland Youth Department. I will officially finish my time with them at the end of June. We've also put our home on the market for sale here in Tipperary. Watch this area in the next few years as the largest Eco-village in Britain & Ireland nears completion and the new freeway between Dublin & Limerick is finished just 5 miles down the road. In the same day we had estate agents over to valuate the home, we bought our one-way tickets to America for the end of June. Everything's been set in motion!

In all of this it's incredible to imagine that another long-term dream could be coming true. For over a decade I've had a growing sense of vocation to pastoring 'creatives' and those in the public eye in general. An eight year friendship with a couple who've been doing that very thing has given birth to an invitation to join them in the work based out of Nashville, TN. In order to become 'missionaries into popular culture' we'll be in inviting friends to gather around us who get the vision and desire to invest in the work prayerfully, relationally and resourcefully. More on this will be revealed by St. Patrick's Day so please 'stay tuned'! I'm also seek part or full-time work to be able to take care of the family alongside raising support.

If a job and a home in America haven't materialized by the time we return, I'll spend the month of July searching for them in the Nashville area while the family stays with our extended family in Columbus, Ohio. In all of this we know that God is good and will look after us. That's the message that keeps coming back to us again and again. As The Message says, we can be "careless in the care of God."

Would you like to hear more on this?? Please get in touch, ask questions and please do pray for us in all of this as we give God opportunity to do the miraculous!

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!"

- Ephesians 3:20-21, The Message


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Unnamed Rd,,Ireland

5 comments:

Mark Burleson said...

Good luck! Keep us, your readers, informed. Hopefully I'll actually get to meet in the near future then.

I have business that may take me to Nashville and I have personal ties to Columbus/Cincinnati (as you know).

Safe travels!

Shane Tucker said...

Thanks Mark Will do. More info soon friend.

Sounds like we could grab a coffee in either place then if our travels coincide.

How is life in OK and work at Lifechurch.tv? Tell me what it is you do there exactly please.

Catch you soon-ish. Blessings!

Mark Burleson said...

Yeah, would be good!

Life in OK isn't too shabby.. Definitely provides different style living than most of the U.S.. Very nice especially in times of recession.

LifeChurch.tv is phenomenal.. I'm honored to be a part of the plans God has allowed us to do. I love the kingdom mindedness we have as a church. My role on staff is I.T. I work with server level software and networking (finance software, phone system, communications, etc).

Shane said...

I'll have to check out LifeChurch.tv more when we're Stateside. Any satellites in the Nashville area?

Blessings on you and yours Mark!

angel said...

If I were to wager a guess at why, I’d say that users don’t “browse” forms. The interaction style users engage in with forms is different, and requires its own study and design best practices. This is a very interesting post, and the comments are also fantastic to read. I’ll have poses to have a little re-think about my own contact form on our new website, as this some interesting questions!
degree home